Monday, August 22, 2005

Choice

A'uzthu billahi min ash-shaytan nir rageem
Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem
In the Name of God/Allah, The Merciful, The Compassionate

Now you listen to me.

I've had enough of your words-
Your whisperings and deceit.
I've had enough of your abuse-
Your sweeping of/f the feet.
I've taken all your beatings-
of the soul within my breath.
I've taken all your hits,
Your petty life is death.
I've had enough of you,
And now you listen to me.
I am no longer your slave-
I choose who I want to be.

I'm not falling for illusion,
Of environment or blame.
I'm not feasting on delusion,
That my life'll always be the same.
I'm letting myself know,
And I'm telling you clearly,
I am no longer your slave -
I choose who I want to be.

This creature inside,
You tame by your side,
That I fight to purify,
Which you try to misguide.
This thing inside me,
That is mine with its crimes,
That I fight to take high,
It's not yours but it's mine.

Now you listen to me.

I've had enough of your antics,
Your making my mind frantic.
I've had enough of your lies,
Your false promises' smiles, wry.
I will defeat you, my choice,
My way, my reality:
For I am no longer your slave -
I choose who I want to be.

With unseen rain from Heaven's clouds,
A gust of inspiration-
A penetration from Above,
There is no veneration-
And I say it one more time,
Because I want your agony:
I am no longer your slave-
I choose who I want to be.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Allah make all of our correct choices easy for us

9/10/2005 03:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog, i loved the thing about the flowers and exsistance of God.

9/19/2005 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Sane One said...

are u studying medicine?

9/22/2005 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mujahada said...

Hi "The Sane One", yes I am studying medicine - why?

9/22/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this frequestly will remind me and help me in my choices and decsions in life inshallah, JK

9/10/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger snomad said...

salaam alaikum

i love this! it just evokes assertiveness and determination for the good; the right.. and ameen to the above du'aa

jazakallah khair for sharing these words

ma'salaam

4/22/2007 06:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home